Monday, 1 March 2010

OK OK so its about time that I made an update....

Yup..... its been a long time, truth is I'm just time deficient.... and as Dee once said.... "couldn't be fagged"... lol

So whats been happening.....

Well December saw some very long day's working at the Santa Photo's @ Westfields Tuggerah - bringing to light a new definition of being tired... you could say it was in the same ball park as 'having a new born, tired'... oh well. It was fun while it lasted & the $$$ helped alot.....

right up until.....

We were robbed!! yes, yes I said it. Happened December 30th - what a way to say goodbye to one decade & hello to another.... Amongst a lot of other things they got my camera. Sure, sure we are fully insured, but the thieving druggo basteds (yes I just swore) got every single photo from December, including 3 days of Christmas photo's with the family....
A short message for the people who intruded the sanctuary of our home & shattered my little boys sense of security; Shyt-for-brains, go get a job and start making some *smart* life decision...
Every other night he comes to us having had a bad dream about robbers in our home..... scumbags.

On a lighter note (vent over & done with), January & February have just whisked by - I cannot believe it is March 1st!!! (and my birthday in 20 days!! hehehe)

January was 'Scrap your stash' over at 3 Angels Scrapping. Rules were that you had to use your stash and the only thing you were allowed to buy was cardstock. I was great to see some much being created.
Here are a few of my creations;


Here is a 'scrap lift your idol' LO. This one is Louise Nelson (Loolabelle) style
(Photo is of Simon & his brother c.1979)


This one is 'lifted' from Leeanne Pearce (I wasn't very inventive, but you get my drift)


Warning. Warning. Sarcasm Alert..... You see.... Simon thought it would be funny to take-the-mickey (sp?) out of me and buy me an Edward Cullen doll for Christmas..... so I made this LO as a little bit of payback (hehehe)


Somewhere in there, we had a Twiddleybitz Trade day. I got to meet some truly beautiful ladies: Sherry Mendoza, Tiff Sawyer & Tracy Wildman... and and and.... I met a Master IRL!! Sarah Gladman. It was a totally enjoyable day, I'm so glad I made the trip to Sydney.

February was "Love month" @ 3 Angels Scrapping lots of things Valentines.
Here are some of my creations....


and some cards....


I "have" done an OTP (honest Gov!!), but can't seem to track down one of those little zutter bind-it-all systems.... I'll just have to pull my finger out (gosh did I just say that???!!), be resourceful and find another way to bind it!!! lol

What else in Feb.... went scrapping at Pages 2 Scrap with my bestest scrapping buddy Ms Henly & Judy. We went to a Glimmer Mist class with the very talented Alex. I am officially addicted to this stuff ... again... lol

I met the very talented Lisa Oxley (briefly on Friday) on Saturday Night at Pages 2 Scrap scrapathon. I first saw her work (AND fell in love with it) at papercraft mail box, but never got to meet her. Saw some of her work again on Saturday.... and she is just sooooo talented & inspiring.... right up there with Leeanne Pearce in my opinion!!! lol

Keep watching the TwiddleyBitz blog for my tutorial (early March). I'm very excited about this one. Can't show you here, but I'm very happy with the end result... don't you love it when you finish a project and it is nothing like you set out for, but your still happy with the result????.... gotta love that hehehe

Oh and a very special congratulations to the very talented Tiff Sawyer for being appointed as TwiddleyBitz Design Team Co-ordinator for Eastern Australia & International. You'll be fantastic in this position - so excited for you luvy!!!

okies getting to the end now......... ready for the most exciting news??? (well for me anyway)...
I have a job.
I have a job that I am going to LOVE (yes I used capital letters).
I have a job that I do already LOVE!
I have a job where I am going to LOVE going to every Friday (I have double the reason to love Friday's now).
I have a job working with some seriously, incredibly funny, beautiful ladies.
I have a job where I can get my hands on the latest, greatest & newest products.
I have a job where my boss knows what she is talking about & has taste in scrapping product!

Wanna know where I am working???

Ok, ok, I'm working at ....... Pages 2 Scrap! {insert happy dancing icon!!!}
At the moment I work Friday's 9-5 and the odd class - I'll get back to you with a class list!!
Can you tell that I'm very excited ???

Lastly, sending some really big cyber {{{hugs}}} to Lisa Brown (an old school friend) going through a really rough patch atm.


Okies I think that is it for now.... hope all is well...
Ciao for now!

3 comments:

  1. Bout time you updated LOL :) :) :) and shared! WTG :)

    Sorry to hear about the break in tho :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...i understand about blog updates..this from a 365 days girl...i got stuck in a blog /scrapping rutt for a while ..put im pulling myself back and your gorgeous pieces miss inspiration have helped me do so in a big way..that otp/btp frame..wowsers.stunningly gorgeous ,those curled flowers ,beautiful! ! u know i need to know how to make them so get those classes organized.your work is so devine Jo.and great to see you happy at your dream job...ill be ringing the bells about your work....not that i need too.it speaks volumes....and pages to scrap is a wonderful space to create and pick up some stunning new product_with the discount card_one can get more :)
    *************************
    love your lift and it just so happens .
    louise/loolebelle/fess is truely the most influencial scrapper i know,i too think she is our most inspiring scrapper and love to lift her detailed minimalistic high impact pages...and she's my buddie whom we have shared many funny moments together...xx
    now to be compared to leanne pearce well u gave me a full tilt beaming smile and goosebumps too...she's da bomb baby !!!!!i love her work .
    but u how cool is your scrapping !..breathtaking !
    *********************************
    now those scumbags who stole from your sanctuary,karma will get them!!!!

    now enough of me highjacking your blog lol
    chat soon sister x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...i understand about blog updates..this from a 365 days girl...i got stuck in a blog /scrapping rutt for a while ..put im pulling myself back and your gorgeous pieces miss inspiration have helped me do so in a big way..that otp/btp frame..wowsers.stunningly gorgeous ,those curled flowers ,beautiful! ! u know i need to know how to make them so get those classes organized.your work is so devine Jo.and great to see you happy at your dream job...ill be ringing the bells about your work....not that i need too.it speaks volumes....and pages to scrap is a wonderful space to create and pick up some stunning new product_with the discount card_one can get more :)
    *************************
    love your lift and it just so happens .
    louise/loolebelle/fess is truely the most influencial scrapper i know,i too think she is our most inspiring scrapper and love to lift her detailed minimalistic high impact pages...and she's my buddie whom we have shared many funny moments together...xx
    now to be compared to leanne pearce well u gave me a full tilt beaming smile and goosebumps too...she's da bomb baby !!!!!i love her work .
    but u how cool is your scrapping !..breathtaking !
    *********************************
    now those scumbags who stole from your sanctuary,karma will get them!!!!

    now enough of me highjacking your blog lol
    chat soon sister x
    witch

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.