I think its a great concept, but screw the idea of only spending 10 minutes a day! I can't go to the loo by myself without interruptions lol who says I have 10 minutes!!!
If you don't know what an Art Journal is, head over here (a link to Julie's site is also in the side bar)
Also found this place today, which I like like like Creative Therapy (link is also on the side bar). I think I will go through the list and use them as prompts to hopefully get me into the "groove" :)
Anyhoo like I said I think it is a great, really great concept, but my challenge is to find something that works for me.
These things I know for certain;
- I don't get to scrap/create e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y. - if I had the choice I would.! All day! Everyday! buuuttt you know the drill; house work calls and family comes first.... some days I wish they'd just piss off all together lol but I wouldn't replace them for anything in the universe.
- I cannot 'create' in 10 minutes. Some of my layouts take an entire week from start to finish - yes I'm a bit retentive (notice I didn't say anal!!) and quite deliberate... sigh.....
- I find journalling excruciating at the best of times.... sigh....
So these are my
- Make an entry/page into the journal at least 3 times a week. Aim 5 times per week.
- Finish the entry/page on the day I start it (I have waaaay to many half complete projects)
- Explore new techniques. Arty farty technieques, like I use to in the olden days at art school lol
- Be less "retentive" & less deliberate
- If I'm stuck for words, just document the story/event. Better a record of the event than non at all!
- Be kind to myself if I don't get around to it - its soooo easy for me to guilt myself out of doing something, so just accept (which is also my 'word' for this year) that I will struggle to get around to it some days/weeks and just pick it up when I get back to it.
- As much as I love dimension on pages, explore more minimalism and negative space
- Experiment more with; Colour; Pencils: Paints: Textiles.
I did manage to start my art journal while we were on holidays, and I'm pretty pleased that I made it that far (credit where credit is due right!!??!!). Now I'd just like to f.i.n.i.s.h. those darn pages I started lol AND keep it going this week :)
Thanks for visiting. Hope to be back again soon. SOON I said!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.