Friday, 30 September 2011

Another Savvy Delights Retreat page

Sarah and Sandra organized this really cool challenge, I think they called it 'Scrap Snap'.
Now, I'm not a great 'challenge participant' because I am a serious 'snail scapper', but it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I participated.
Here is how it is played; there is an equal number of people and an equal number of matching playing cards. The participants chose their own photo and write a little about it on the back (e.g. title, who what when where...). When every one is ready, you need to find the person with the matching playing card and swap photos then scrap a layout. But there is a catch... you have to scrap the layout in an hour...... did they tell me that before I signed up for the challenge??? well maybe they did, but I was very tired from staying up til 3am (as you do when you are at retreat!! hehehe)
Anyhooo, there are some pretty serious names at the retreat: Lisa Oxley, Wendy Smith, Susan Longman, Kim Arnold, Emma Allen, Lisa Warren, Sarah herself and Sandra, Sara Noendeng, Anthea Peterson, Nay and Gilly... just to name a few..... not all of them participated, but I didn't really think it through who I might end up swapping with.... eeeekkkk.... pressure much??? nah!!! hehehe
Lisa Oxley swapped with Kim Arnold - how scary and awesome is that at the same time??!! two magnificent scrappy artists, from different scrappy worlds meet. But they both pulled it off magnificently!! I admire that, when you are happy with your own style, with all their confidence AND still respect and appreciate another style.
So who did I swap photo's with?????......Drum roll ...... Lisa Warren... hooley dooley..

Apart from freaking out for the first 15 minutes, I did get the layout done in an hour 20mins (now that has to be a record for me!!) ... AND I was pretty darn happy with it in the end.
Lisa was a champion (of course hehehe) and finished under the hour :)

So without anymore delay here are the layouts. First up is Lisa's layout with my photo.

I love it Lisa, Thanks SOOOO much!!!

Here is my layout with Lisa's photo.

Thanks for dropping by

1 comment:

  1. Naw shucks, I would never consider myself a serious name and am blushing.

    You did an awesome job getting the layout done in just over the time frame (but I can't see the one you did in your post?)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.